Reclaiming the California Dream, One Micro-business at a Time
Our members work with every day entrepreneurs to harness their innovative ideas and creativity to become their own bosses. Micro-businesses are everywhere in California – the organic tomato stand at the Saturday market, the childcare center at work, the technology service firm who fixes your computer when it crashes, your favorite neighborhood restaurant, or the new sophisticated ice cream truck.
Our members create jobs for entrepreneurs, help Main Street businesses survive and thrive during difficult economic times, revitalize neighborhoods through business development, and provide infrastructure that strengthens families.
As California’s statewide Micro Enterprise association, CAMEO is the voice for Micro-business in California. We expand resources and build capacity for our member organizations – over 150 lenders, training programs, job creators, agencies and individuals dedicated to furthering Micro-business development in California.
Our video CAMEO Connects illustrates the power of locally-grown small-businesses.
What We Do: Expand Microfinancing and Business Assistance
- Cultivate new resources and investments to build the capacity of its member organizations so that they can provide local microfinancing, business training and technical assistance.
- Identify and secure additional sources of capital and grants from financial institutions in support of Micro Enterprise development.
- Provide information on trends, innovations, and technology to increase capacity to serve more clients and reach new markets.
- Promotes best practices for Micro Enterprise development providers.
- Educate the public and media about the positive economic impacts of Micro Enterprise development in California and throughout the country.
- Sponsors and participates in conferences and events to help widen educate and influence state and national leaders in government and finance to support Micro Enterprise development.
- Support other state and local community development organizations whose missions are focused on expansion of entrepreneurship and self-employment.
- Work in Sacramento and Washington D.C. for additional public policies and investment that support entrepreneurship and self-employment.
- Sponsor legislation and regulations to remove barriers to the expansion of Micro Enterprise development organizations.
View a map and roster of CAMEO member organizations.
Download our 2013 CAMEO Brochure to learn more about us and Micro Enterprise in California or enjoy the following video.
The California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity (CAMEO) is a 501(c)3 non-profit statewide association of Micro-business development providers.