Note: Our Women Entrepreneurs Symposium was active from 2007-2013. It has morphed in to our WOVEN program.
Food, Glorious Food Biz was on December 3, 2013 from 9:00am-3:30pm @ Los Angeles Federal Reserve
Announcing our keynotes! Liza Braude-Glidden (photo left), Co-Founder and Creative Director of Beanfields Bean and Rice Chips and Evan Kleiman (photo right) of KCRW’s Good Food fame!
There’s no better place to grow food, explore food innovations or market food than in California. And that means opportunity, so it’s no wonder so many CAMEO members are serving clients who want to be in the food business, many of them women. Plus, women entrepreneurs are the nation’s secret ingredient in the recipe for economic growth. Women-owned firms continue to grow in number at rates exceeding the national average and represent the fastest growing segment of new businesses in California. That’s why this year’s women’s symposium focuses on the food industry: business opportunities, financing and policy.
Download a Food Glorious Food Biz flyer to share!
- Networking Breakfast
- Opening Remarks by Claudia Viek (bio, photo above left), CAMEO C.E.O.
- Panel discussion on food policy in Los Angeles and California that highlight business opportunities including street vending, corner store conversions, healthy food procurement, food hubs and cottage kitchens. Moderated by Evan Kleiman (bio, see photo top of page right), Host of KCRW’s Good Food, cookbook author, Jerry Garcia of cooking
- Clare Fox (bio, photo 2nd from left), Director of Initiatives and Partnerships for the Los Angeles Food Policy Council
- Taylor Giroux (bio), Office of Assemblyman Mike Gatto (AD 43)
- Glenda Humiston (bio, photo above center), State Director, California Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Audience Participation
- Tools to help business owners with financials, credit, loans and business; test out easy-to-use new technology that helps business owners (from start-up to growth) manage their financials.
Luncheon: Networking and Keynote presentation by Liza Braude-Glidden (bio, see photo top of page left), Co-Founder and Creative Director of Beanfields Bean and Rice Chips
- Incubating in Urban Spaces, challenges and successes
- Closing Keynote: Evan Kleiman (bio, see photo top of page right), Host of KCRW’s Good Food, cookbook author, Jerry Garcia of cooking
Feel free to submit resources to CAMEO.
¡Viva! was launched in 2007 to provide training, technical assistance, and peer support to help CAMEO members better reach and serve the Latino market of entrepreneurs. In 2011, we focused on all women of color entrepreneurs. In 2012, we focused on women veterans with an entrepreneurial streak and the importance of connection. When we work together, we harness the power of women to grow their businesses, create jobs and grow the economy.
Women Entrepreneurs Symposium 2013 Recap
Women Entrepreneurs Symposium 2012 Recap
Women Entrepreneurs Symposium 2011 Recap
We are grateful to our sponsors who have made this possible.