Micro-business Events in California
February 23, 2015 - California Program for Entrepreneurs Registration (FREE) - Santa Clara
California Program for Entrepreneurship
The Leavey School of Business and the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) at Santa Clara University are pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2015 cohort of The California Program for Entrepreneurship (CAPE). Now in our sixth year, we are able to offer space for up to 45 participants.
CAPE is a 6-month program for early-stage entrepreneurs who seek a dynamic and rigorous schedule in which to learn the fundamentals of starting and building a business here in California. By providing business education and mentoring, it is the CAPE mission to help entrepreneurs develop and implement business plans that will contribute to the growth and well-being of the California economy.
For applicants selected for the 2015 CAPE cohort, Santa Clara University has secured program funding to cover the cost of all:
Candidates will be selected based on application quality, experience, the stage of development and likelihood for success of the business idea, and, of course, the potential contribution to the California economy. All candidates must complete an online application–this process includes multiple exercises designed to refine the candidate’s business idea. We recommend using the application planning document to prepare for the process.
Applications will be accepted through May 31, and the program will begin with a virtual assignment in June, 2015. For more information or to apply, please visit CAPE on the CIE website.
7 Intensive, On-Site Weekends &
· Virtual Exercises, Readings & Case Studies
· Mentor Meetings
· Bronson Scholar Designation
· Focused and personalized education on all aspects of a professional business plan
· Expert Business Advisors and Panels
· Preparation of Professional Pitches
· Networking Opportunities
· $5,000 Business Pitch Competition
All on-site classes held at the historical Santa Clara University campus here in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Now held over 7 weekends in addition to virtual work to better fit busy schedules.
Travel to and from Santa Clara University for all on-site program sessions (consisting of a total of 7 weekend sessions) is at the expense of each participant.
Application submission does not imply acceptance into the program. A Selection Committee will review all applications and select up to 45 participants for the 2015 cohort.
For questions or more information, please contact Stephanie Singh, Senior Administrative Assistant at Santa Clara University’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at firstname.lastname@example.org »
March 2, 2015 - LGBT Business Builder San Francisco - San Francisco
The LGBT Business Builder is an historic national initiative to remove barriers and increase access to strategic growth opportunities for America’s LGBT business owners.
Speakers will include:
* NGLCC co-founder and President Justin Nelson
* SBA Administrator Maria Contreras-Sweet
The workshop will prepare attendees to:
* Grow their businesses with the NGLCC LGBT Business Enterprise® (LGBTBE) certification
* Leverage the resources and information provided by the SBA
* Take advantage of emerging procurement opportunities now open in California as a result of AB1678.
Companies interested in working with LGBTBEs include California’s public utility companies, NFL Super Bowl 50 (in the nine county local market), and over 1/3 of the Fortune 500!
WHERE: PG&E Auditorium, 245 Market Street, San Francisco, CA
WHEN: March 2nd, 2015, 12:30 – 5 PM
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/lgbtbizbuildermore »
March 4, 2015 - Working Solutions Invest In Dreams Breakfast - San Francisco, CA
JOIN WORKING SOLUTIONS FOR A CELEBRATORY BREAKFAST TO:
· Learn about the transformative impact our loans have on Bay Area entrepreneurs
· Support our work and help local small businesses grow
·Celebrate the triumphs of our outstanding 2015 microloan clients and winners of the Invest in Dreams Awards
March 24, 2015 - RISE Financial Pathways Power Luncheon 2015 - Los Angeles, CA
Event sponsorship opportunities are currently available. Please contact Malanna Marioneaux: 323.233.1900 for further information.
RISE Financial Pathways greatly value your support and generosity, and look forward to you joining us at Power Luncheon 2015 – see you at The Walt Disney Concert Hall!
More details & formal invitation to follow.more »
April 20, 2015 - CALED 35th Annual Training Conference - Riverside, CA
Save the Date for “Seizing Opportunities” CALED’s 2015 Economic Development Training Conference.
Don’t miss this opportunity to network with colleagues while learning about how to create and take full advantage of opportunities to help your businesses thrive.
Online registration will open in November 2014.more »
April 27, 2015 - NAWBO California "Propel Your Business" Conference - Sacramento, CA
Think Bigger-Grow Strategically-Network Statewide
Join NAWBO in Sacramento for this 2-day educational event. Critical topics to make an immediate impact on your business.
* “Think Like a Negotiator” – Eldonna Lewis Fernandez, Msgt USAF Retired
* “Money Talks” – Bank of America, Crowd Funding, and Venture Capitalists will tell you how to obtain capital for your business.
* “What’s Next After Success?” – Women in Leadership, Women on Boards, Women in Politics, Women in Philanthropy
* Enjoy great breakout sessions with all of the “Woman Business Owner of the Year” Nominees!
* “Real Time-Electronic Polling” – How do your opinions line up with elected officials in the same room? – Meet Women Legislators
* And more…
Celebrate at the “Under The Dome” VIP reception Monday evening, as we honor the California’s “Woman Business Owner of the Year” at the Capital. Tour the Capital and meet with your legislators.
Register Today for EARLY BIRD RATES!
*Receive Promo code for NAWBO National Boot camp upon checkout.more »
July 8, 2015 - Credit Building Symposium - Washington, D.C.
In July 2014, Credit Builders Alliance hosted their first ever Credit Building Symposium. The gathering was so successful that they have decided to make it an annual event and extend an invitation to the entire CBA Credit Builder Community to come to Washington, DC this July 8-9!more »
The Credit Building symposium is a dialogue between non-profit organizations involved in credit building and those corporate entities whose business practices include credit reporting, credit scoring and/or extending credit.
CBA’s goal is to broker more discussion between these two connected industries with the intent of continuing to bridge the gaps in understanding and strengthen bonds in the credit reporting arena. The symposium will focus on advances in the credit building field and connections to issues of income inequality, poverty reduction, and asset building. This is a great opportunity to learn and build relationships with industry partners.
July 8th: Pre-symposium training day featuring CBA’s signature Credit as an Asset training and FICO’s Credit Boot Camp.
July 9th: Symposium featuring:
* Evidence and Strategies for Investing in Credit Building
* Financial Coaching: Outcome Measures Project
* Credit Building Non-profit Panel: Challenges & Solutions
* Serving the “Credit Invisibles”
* Credit Building Products- Roundtable
* Alternative Data: Is more better?
For additional details and to reserve your space visit CBA here.