Micro-business Events in California
October 18, 2014 - Manage Your Money Week -
During Manage Your Money Week, state and local government agencies, non-profit organizations, unions, schools, libraries, financial institutions, and financial management associations will be working together in communities throughout California to host free money management education events and promote the importance of good money management practices. Programs will be offered to all demographics in multiple languages and cover all facets of personal finance from opening a checking account and managing a budget, to credit counseling, first-time home buying, planning for retirement, avoiding financial scams, and starting a business. Read more.more »
October 23, 2014 - 2014 Riverside/San Bernardino Economic Forecast Conference - Riverside, CA 92501
On October 23, 2014, Beacon Economics and the University of California, Riverside School of Business Administration will present the fifth annual Riverside/San Bernardino Economic Forecast Conference. Some of the state’s most renowned forecasters will deliver new economic outlooks for the nation, state, and region:
* Is the Fed ignoring the threat of inflation?
* How will the new head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency affect credit availability and what will it mean for local housing markets?
* Despite the slowdown during the first part of 2014, the Riverside/San Bernardino region has been adding jobs slightly ahead of expectations. Will the rate of growth continue?
* What is the outlook for state exports given the new wave of instability in the Mid East?
* How will the relative home affordability of the Riverside/San Bernardino region affect migration to the area and what will that do to housing demand?
Join us for one of Inland Southern California’s most anticipated networking and business gatherings and get answers to some of the most pressing questions facing today’s and tomorrow’s economy.more »
October 23, 2014 - ¡VIVA MEDA! 41st Anniversary Celebration - San Francisco, CA
Join over 250 guests at Yoshi’s in San Francisco for ¡Viva MEDA! Attendees will partake in exquisite cuisine from our customized “Latin-Asian Fusion” menu; indulge in fabulous drinks from our open bar; and dance the night away to a world-class salsa show. We will honor four individuals and organizations that have made vital contributions to MEDA and the Mission Promise Neighborhood (MPN), for which MEDA serves as the lead agency:
* Angela Glover Blackwell, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of PolicyLinkmore »
* Pamela H. David, Executive Director of the Walter & Elise Haas Fund
* Mario Paz, Executive Director of the Good Samaritan Family Resource Center
* Kevin Stein, Associate Director of the California Reinvestment Coalition
November 5, 2014 - The Centro Benefit - Oakland, CA
Please join us for Centro’s second annual celebration, a night of fun, food, drinks and music for the entrepreneurs, business advisors, volunteers, and makers of community who we proudly bring together. Come see first-hand how you can help benefit the Bay Area and beyond.
For more information or to become an event sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org »
April 20, 2015 - CALED 35th Annual Training Conference - Riverside, CA
Save the Date for “Seizing Opportunities” CALED’s 2015 Economic Development Training Conference.
Don’t miss this opportunity to network with colleagues while learning about how to create and take full advantage of opportunities to help your businesses thrive.
Online registration will open in November 2014.more »